Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nospam@gmail.com is offline

Default Advice on adding screen room to deck

On Mar 15, 3:25 pm, cavedweller wrote:
On Mar 15, 2:32 pm, "
wrote:

We have an attached 10 x 12 deck connected to our vinyl sided home and
are starting to think about turning the deck it into a screen room. I
have a few questions:

- How can I best determine if the deck will support the load of a
roof?

If it can:

- Can I drop some posts at the outside corners and brace them within
the deck floor?
- Should the outside wall start close to the house be attached to the
house?

Thanks

It would be good to know if you are thinking of a manufactured screen
room or something that you would construct. Manufactured stuff can be
very light and the distributor could give you advice on installation.

Wooops! I am considering something I would construct. Like this:
http://www.handymanclub.com/Projects....aspx?id=18863

I guess I would have to cut the existing posts flush with the deck.
They are notched to support the deck.