Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Gtooving concrete

On Mar 15, 1:44 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
I want to cut some grooves in concrete to help drain some areas where the
concrete man had low spots. These grooves would be about 1/4" deep and
wide. I was thinking of using a diamond blade on a SkilSaw, and turning it
45, and running it along a 2x4 fence with bricks to hold the end down. Is
there an easier better way?

Yep - use the right blade in an angle grinder. Google "crack chaser
diamond blade". You can get them on eBay for ~$30. Rig up a rolling
platform with an old roller skate and some band clamps or zip ties to
control the depth. Attach a handle if you have a lot of it to do so
you're not on your knees in the dust/sludge.