Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default reducing the cost of labor

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:55:51 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

I've done work for Pfizer, sanofi-aventis, Bayer, Merck, and a half-dozen
others. Since I was editing the research studies (and writing some of the
conclusions and physician-education materials), I'm familiar with the
research itself.

--
Ed Huntress

=============
More "stinky stuff" floats to the surface about our "ethical"
drug companies.

In many ways this parallels the financial sector in that the many
highly ethical and committed people involved in building the
sector long-term are having their legs cut off by the crooks and
incompetents at the top looking for short-term "results" and
bonuses. It is called killing the goose that lays the golden
eggs....

snip

George, I'm a heavy reader, but that's too much for me. Is there a 25-word
summary? g

Are they about individual crooks in the business, or about crooked
corporations? Or is is something else?

--
Ed Huntress

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080315/...rYaAYxfQHVJRIF

I read the first one. This is a very, very gray area. In fact, a small part
of what I was doing was supporting off-label uses of drugs. This may sound
strange or unethical, but, like most things, it's not simple. Doctors use
drugs off-label anyway, as that article says. A lot of what they do is based
on nothing but unsupported speculation about the drugs' effects. There are
several legal ways the drug companies can pass on peer-reviewed research
about off-label uses, however, which the docs really eat up. There's a line
that you don't cross; perhaps this Lilly exec crossed it, or perhaps the CT
prosecutor is looking to create a new type of crime by prosecutorial fiat. I
wouldn't judge it yet.

--
Ed Huntress