Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default reducing the cost of labor

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:55:51 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

I've done work for Pfizer, sanofi-aventis, Bayer, Merck, and a half-dozen
others. Since I was editing the research studies (and writing some of the
conclusions and physician-education materials), I'm familiar with the
research itself.

--
Ed Huntress

=============
More "stinky stuff" floats to the surface about our "ethical"
drug companies.

In many ways this parallels the financial sector in that the many
highly ethical and committed people involved in building the
sector long-term are having their legs cut off by the crooks and
incompetents at the top looking for short-term "results" and
bonuses. It is called killing the goose that lays the golden
eggs....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080315/...rYaAYxfQHVJRIF
http://www.nbc5.com/health/15506894/...chi&psp=health
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/2008030...ion_of_justice
http://www.businessinsurance.com/cgi...ws.pl?id=12411
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008...er-under-fire/
These are only some of the latest articles identified in a very
quick web search. There are thousands more.

More on research outsourcing [and those high paying jobs]. The
reason these are mainly foreign or obscure US sources is that
appears to be the main-stream US media is not carrying the story.
Possibly advertising revenue is a consideration. Note that in
several articles the new GM/bioengineering large molecule drugs
are specifically covered. These are only the most recent
articles I found in a very quick web search.
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080313/asia_...ocus.html?.v=1
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...1451700300.htm
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...s/?rsssource=1
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080312/20080312006023.html?.v=1