Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg O Greg O is offline

Default Homemade Screwdrivers?

"Roger_N" wrote in message
I've been needing some good electrical terminal block screwdrivers and was
wondering if I could make some better than the ones you buy. I've had
some that are hardened and break easy and others that are too soft. If I
made screwdrivers by machining drill rod and hardened and tempered, would
they be as good as or better than the top name brand commercial drivers?
Or would they need to be forged, cold worked, or something to achieve
higher than store-bought quality?

Hey, I need to justify my CNC lathe and mill somehow!!! :-)

RogerN

I buy Klein screw drivers, good stuff! I find the cabinet screw driver works
great for electrical work #605-4. They hold up for everyday, job sight use
quite well.

Greg