Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Metal protection question (truck bed liner)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:34:58 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Bruce L. Bergman quickly quoth:

Doesn't matter whether it's 'slippery' or 'sticky' bed coating, or a
molded 'drop in bedliner', if I slide in a pallet of anything heavy
into the truck I always put a layer of plywood or chipboard in the bed
first. Two layers of plywood if you plan to skid the first pallet to
the front of the bed by pushing it with the second pallet.

I'll do the OSB thing, too, for those really nasty loads, but most of
my hauling will consist of ladders, lumber, and wheeled equipment. A
drop-in will continue to work fine for me.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on