Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Abrasha Abrasha is offline

Default Propane + air silver soldering small parts?

Nick Mueller wrote:
wrote:

..any help here? I have tried the sax forums but they have not been
very helpful for some reason.

One of these:
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=7695
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=7696
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=7697

Or this one (requires oxygen, but it is cheap as soon as you do have a
bottle)
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=15355

I do have the last one (cute!) and one of the upper three ones. All do their
job, it depends on what exactly you want to do.

Nick

No,to all of this.

This is what I use (and have for some 35 years). Provides plenty of heat.
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/cat...bellow&x=0&y=0

With a special torch for propane
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/cat...ducts_id=15877

And coincidentally, I bought my equipment at Fischer when i lived in
Pforzheim in the early 70's

See a movie where I use this equipment at
http://www.abrasha.com/Pin%2023.mpg

You can see me using both the torch and the bellows.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com