Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dual drill bit?

Sounds like a core drill / Cole drill. Yea plasma fine cut
edge but it might be messy - grind out and then weld.

If a drill was used then the hole would be cleaner.

Just wish I knew what IPS meant. Inches per second ? Inside ???

ID ok - IPS ?

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Steve W. wrote:
Robert Dunham II wrote:
I want to drill a piece of 3"IPS (3.5"OD) Sch. 80 wall steel pipe so
that a 2"IPS (2.375"OD) pipe can go through it and also have the hole
beveled for welding, is there such a drill available for purchase.

Plasma cutter and a template.