Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Legg Paul Legg is offline

Default Need advice on home buying process, PLEASE HELP!

wrote in message

I'm interested in buying a home in IL, first time home buyer.
There is a home came out as fair condition and is priced $195000.
My realtor said it is 'a bit under priced' didn't exactly mention how
much.

Dump the realtor. It's apparent, he finds you as naive, as a first time
buyer. Public records will show exactly how much the house is being taxed,
when it was purchased, how many owner's it's been through, and so much
more.

It's not surprising, the realtor hasn't shown you any of this information.
As someone else pointed out, they are working on commission, and this one
wants to fatten their pockets, as much as possible. Remind them, they are
suppose to be working for you.

My realtor wants me to put as much earnest money as possible to get it
closed as quickly as possible.

Dump this idiot. "If" you find you really want to make an offer, you put
down little earnest money. If you decide to back out for some reason or
another, you might find the money tied up. Legally, they can't force you to
buy the house, but they can make it hard for you to get your earnest money
back.