kenR

Default Petition Sawstops Directly

In article ,
says...

Tim Douglass wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:57:09 -0400, Phil wrote:

If SawStop is truly interested in safety and that is their primary
objective they could make this technology available to all comers at a
modest cost. I suspect that the reluctance of manufacturers to embrace
the technology is not just the cost of incorporating the hardware
changes but also a hefty license fee to SawStop. Has SawStop disclosed
what the licensing terms are? Are they too onerous for a manufacturer
to embrace them?

It occurs to me that if the regulatory bodies voided patent rights if
a particular device was mandated fewer companies would petition to get
their pet idea required.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

1: Legally, they can't do that.

Are you sure? The supreme court just refused to hear a case, and left
standing a decision that says copyrighted codes can be freely
distributed once they are incorporated into laws. Granted this isn't a
patent, but the government seems to think they can do anything they say
they can do.

http://www.gtwassociates.com/answers/veeck.htm