Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water seal for door.

In article ,
BRG wrote:
Is the "aluminium strip" something like that of a Stromguard waterbar
(threshold)?

No - just a plain ally strip. Added by the builders.

If it is, try putting a 6mm x 6mm plough grove under the bottom rail of
the door and over 'drip tray' of the aluminium strip - this stops the
water being blown across the bottom rail and allows it to fall and
drain out through the strips (stormguards) weepholes.

I've just Googled Stormguard and it looks like I should try one of their
products.

If the 'strip' is simply a flat bar, then try the groove trick in front
of that - *if* there's enough room - or simly replace the strip for a
Stormguard waterbar and that, along with the plough groove, usually
works in the worst of weathers.

They seem to have a bewildering range. Any preference? The door has been
rebated for this ally strip but would be easy enough to alter.

--
*Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.