Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default Carbon fiber can so break!

patrick mitchel wrote:

"Rex" wrote in message

patrick mitchel wrote:

Watch formula one auto racing- when there's a shunt , there's CF shards
thrown all over hell and gone. Why they don't require a kevlar wrap to
contain the crap is beyond me though I suspect that the shedding of parts
is their way of shedding energy at the same time. BTW the f-1 season
starts this week. Despite the past several seasons being about as
exciting as watching kudzu grow, I'm still watching...sigh. Pat

Pat, if last season wasn't exciting enough for you, you may need to seek
medical attention. I can't wait for Hamilton to kick Alonzo's butt well
and truly this year.

Yeah, BUT with the antics of alonso in the pits keeping hamilton away and
the espionage accusations being thrown about, I wanted to throw a brick
through the tv. That and the fact I lost my cable connect for the last 3
races of the season....sigh. I suppose I'm showing my age when I mention
that I liked f1 when they had the turbos, aspirated, v6-8-10-12 engines all
competing. sigh... Pat

I liked it better when the driver sat up-right too. 1958 USA GP in
Sebring Fla. Phill Hill in a BLUE Ferari along with Von Tripps
etc.
Anyone want to see the pix ? I put them on the computer back a
while ago.
...lew...