Edwin Pawlowski

Default compound mitre saws

"Mike" wrote in message

newbie question, what are the pro's and con's of sliding compound miter
saw's over fixed compound miter saw's
Mike

The sliders are a bit more versatile as they can cut a wider board. They
are also more expensive.

I just bought a DeWalt DW705 12" saw. It can cut a 2 x 8. The 12" slider
can cut a 4 x 12.

The price difference was about $400 or so. Worth it? Depends on the work
you do. I lived without one for years but bought this to do some flooring
work this coming week. Since I have it, I also found other chores for it.
I cannot justify the extra $ for the slider, but did justify the extra $80
for the 12" over the 10" for the wider cut capability.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome