Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob in Phx Bob in Phx is offline

Default Metal protection question (truck bed liner)

back in the day, before double walled truck beds, I built plywood side and
floor protectors. Of course, that was a lot of years ago...

My parents, bought their first truck about 15 years ago. It has a bed liner
in it. Mom keeps a blanket behind the set, so she can carry loads in the bed
and not scratch the bed liner... I double over laughing everytime she pulls
the blanket out..... But, there are not scratches in the bed liner!!!!!

bob in phx
"Pete C." wrote in message
. net...

Larry Jaques wrote:

I have had a drop-in liner in my old F-150 for a dozen years and loved
it. Now I need to protect my new Tundra bed.

Has anyone here used Herculiner? It's a $100 roll-on kit of
polyurethane and rubber granules for texture. Sounds good.

I'm not willing to pay $300 for a fancy liner or expensive spray-in by
a professional. What other options does a cheapa&H&H&H&H&H&Hfrugal
guy like me have?

I've not used it personally, but I've read a few reviews and all were
good. Your other option would probably be a bed coating that Duplicolor
makes, though I haven't seen any reviews on it.

What is wrong with spending $300 to protect a new truck that costs 100X
that? Do you also not want to spend the $100 on a set of factory service
manuals (or CDs) too? I order the service manuals at the same time I
order the truck, and by the time the truck arrives I know every detail
of it.