Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Carbon fiber can so break!

"patrick mitchel" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"patrick mitchel" wrote in message

"Rex" wrote in message
patrick mitchel wrote:
Watch formula one auto racing- when there's a shunt , there's CF
shards thrown all over hell and gone. Why they don't require a kevlar
wrap to contain the crap is beyond me though I suspect that the
shedding of parts is their way of shedding energy at the same time.
BTW the f-1 season starts this week. Despite the past several seasons
being about as exciting as watching kudzu grow, I'm still
watching...sigh. Pat

Pat, if last season wasn't exciting enough for you, you may need to
seek medical attention. I can't wait for Hamilton to kick Alonzo's
butt well and truly this year.
Yeah, BUT with the antics of alonso in the pits keeping hamilton away
and the espionage accusations being thrown about, I wanted to throw a
brick through the tv. That and the fact I lost my cable connect for the
last 3 races of the season....sigh. I suppose I'm showing my age when I
mention that I liked f1 when they had the turbos, aspirated, v6-8-10-12
engines all competing. sigh... Pat

Age? That ain't no steenking age. I watched Jimmy Clark race at the Glen.
And Hill -- and I'll talking about Graham. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

coopers, brm's, eagles,loti yeah , that's my cupof tea. The best looking
f1 car- either the clark/ lotus or gurney/eagle Pat

It's hard for me to get excited about the F1 cars after the wings came in.
When the turbos took over, I quit caring.

--
Ed Huntress