Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default holy freaking spam

James Sweet wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Meat Plow wrote:

Just filter anything from google. OE will do that no?

No. Only email addresses. Newsproxy will get rid of 'anything'
posted through google.

I couldn't make it work. So far OE seems to be doing the trick, it got rid
of the vast majority of the spam I was seeing. I might have to give one of
the proxies another shot when the spammers figure that out.

I am using Newsproxy to filter everything from aioe.org right now.
You have to create the nfilter.dat file. Every active filter has to
start with an * followed by a space. No blank lines in the filter list.

To create your filters open Newsproxy and select edit/filters. Type
in and save the filter information, then stop the program, and start it
to let it read the list of filters.

Edit/configure, then 'network' s where you enter the news server
name. Add localhost as a new newsserver to OE, or whatever newsreader
you are using. Subscribe to whatever newsgroups need filtered, and
enjoy.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp...ms/nps-124.zip is a zipped
package of the latest News Proxy, version 1.2.4

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html