Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dmcrisp@gmail.com is offline

Default bridgeport HELP PLEASE!!

Hi Friends,

I'm trying to help my Italian friend sort out an electrical problem
with his Bridgeport mill.

Please excuse my inexpertise in electrical terminology. I am just a
friend trying to help him

out as he doesn't speak english and there is no Bridgeport support
here in Italy. This is

what I know about his situation:

1. He has a "burned" resistor (I think that's the right term) on his
"FEED CONTROL" circuit

board. It blew and there is a heat marking on the board where it was
fried.

2. The resistor is marked R6 on the board, which corresponds to the
wiring diagram.

3. The photos illustrated show the basic type of mill (Bridgeport 2HP
model), the electrical

panel, the position of the electrical board for the feed control, the
position of the board,

and the general electrical layout.

4. The mill was manufactured in 1979 and the serial number is 7978.

The resistor was burned and there is no visible markings or colors
with which to reference.

He is asking me if anyone knows what the resistance capacity is (in
ohms??) so he can

source a new one.

Can anybody help two lost souls? Sorry again that I'm not a machinist
or electrician.

Thanks so much for reading and we'd really appreciate your help.

Ciao,
darren