Doug Miller

Default SawStop files with GPO/CPSC for mandatory use in US

In article m, "Leon" wrote:
Chris,,

I have no affiliation with SawStop nor do I have any plans to except to
perhaps buy their product or a like product in the future.

Thank you.

It seems strange that so many are oposeed to this device because of the way
it has come to morket. I can respect that. If they only knew how much of
their lives revolves something governmant mandated and are thankful that it
was. Take quality of water supplied to you by your city water department or
Electrical codes to prevent elecctrical fires for instance. But what really

Bad examples.

Water quality is clearly a public health issue (e.g.
http://www.ncgia.ucsb.edu/pubs/snow/snow.html). AFAIK, table saw injuries are
not contagious, and thus do not pose the sort of threat to public health that
justifies government intervention.

The National Electrical Code was developed by the National Fire Protection
Association (www.nfpa.org), a nonprofit group founded by insurance industry
representatives. It has *no* connection to any governmental agencies except in
an advisory capacity.

confounds me, is that while they seem to think their freedom will be lost if
the SawStop company get its way and those same people seem to think that I
don't have the freedom to voice my openion on the matter.

Obviously the freedom to choose a table saw that is not equipped with $aw$top
*will* be lost if the company gets its way. DUH.

And nobody here has said that you don't (or shouldn't) have the freedom to
voice your opinion on the matter. We're telling you you're wrong, and we think
you should shut up. I would never dream of asking the government to *force*
you to.

--
Regards,