KLS

Default Petition Sawstops Directly

I like the part in the petition where they state that the average
consumer does not have enough information to make an informed choice,
but the CPSC does have enough information. If they truly believed
that, they could publish the information to the general public to help
educate them, and then see if their product is purchased. This could
be accomplished by including an information pamphlet with each saw
instead of the complete system already installed.

It sounds like they just do not believe in the marketability of their
own product enough to use fair market practices.

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:06:49 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

Saw stop is petitioning to have their device legislated as mandatory
equipment on all table saws sold in the US. When the device first came out I
was behind them 100% but I have no tolerance for this type of "marketing"
and as such have removed my support from them. If you want more info, the
actual petition is on Sawstop's own web site and you can draw their own
conclusions.

Good luck
Rob

"4 out of 5 dentists" wrote in message

"David B. Chamberlain" wrote in message
If you go to the SawStop website, there is a contact page. That gives

you
an email address of

Everyone should send them a polite email telling them that you do not
appreciate a private company using a government agency to extort money

from
private citizens. Maybe a few thousand emails will help educate them.

--
David Chamberlain

while trying to remain impartial, could you provide some info
on this ??