Posted to alt.home.repair
Husky Husky is offline

Default When a gallon is not a gallon

DerbyDad03 wrote:

SNIP

Nice stories. Thanks for sharing. What have they got to do with
companies trying to hide price increases by making the package
smaller? My God...they haven't shortened the 8 foot 2 x 4, have they?

Actually, funny you should mention it, they have. Many lumber mills and
home centers are selling 8 foot 2x4's that are only 93" long, so that
you won't have to cut them for your 8 foot wall. And although we call
them 2x4's, they haven't been 2x4 for about 65 years. Now the ones in my
house are 2" x 4", and it is a pain in the a** to do any remodeling. You
either replace the whole wall, or you cut down 2x6's to match.