Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_9_] Frank[_9_] is offline

Default Husqvarna warranty, what does it mean?

My cheap weed wacker lasted over 15 years so I decided to get a good one
this time around - a Husqvarna. So now my nearly new Husqvarna weed wacker
has a two year warranty. About 7 hours of usage, it became impossible to
start, and when it does, it will died immediately. Take it to the dealer
repair shop today and the clerk said its most likely not warranted, it is a
maintenance issue! So I needed to sign an agreement to pay the estimate fee
before they will take a look at it and give me an estimate next week. If I
elect not to have it repaired by them, it will be return unassembled. I hope
they will repair it under warranty but I'm not optimistic by the tone of the
clerk. I always make sure the fuel/oil ratio is correct, never put raw gas
in it, and the air filter is clean. What has your experience with the
Husqvarna warranty?