Jim Helfer

Default SawStop files with GPO/CPSC for mandatory use in US

"Leon" wrote in message
. ..

Remember when people - Adult, Experienced, Taxpaying Citizens of a

Free
Society were allowed, heck, even EXPECTED to occasionally make some of
their own decisions?

Jim Helfer
Pittsburgh PA

Actually No.. I don't recall, it seems to be as it always has been. You

are
still free to buy a saw or not buy the saw with a better safety device.

It
still is your decision. This is no different than having to have

liability
insurance, seat belts, air bags, a drivers license, a social security
number, the list goes on... My decision would be to buy my next saw with
the safety feature, with or with out legislation. I am not so arrogant to
think that I would never benefit from it, so whether the government

mandates
it or not I have the experience to realize that this is a good thing like

it
or not. I am all for the government staying out of my life as much as
possible but if a safety devise is mandated regardless of which style or

who
makes it I am all for it as it will cause the price of the now available
product to go down as competition steps in.

Well Leon, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. If you think that
free peoples in a free society making their own decisions in a free market
is somehow "arrogant" (at least that's what I can gather from the parts of
your post that aren't self-contradictory), that's fine. You don't really
_have_ to make any decisions, just please don't be so cavalier about giving
away other people's ability to do so.

Jim H
Pittsburgh PA