Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Union workers make more money $

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:47:18 -0700 (PDT), Millwright Ron
wrote:

In 1932, with the creation of the Purple Heart, Wound Chevrons were no
longer awarded to Army personnel.

In the modern military, the Wound Chevron is considered obsolete.

Ah...Ron? The "Wound Chevron" was a patch worn on the left sleeve.
The Chevrons on the ribbon of the Purple heart, are for multiple
awards. One Chevron for each additional award. The "chevron" is
actually a tiny little oak leaf cluster or star, depending on branch
of service, year of award and so forth. They actually were originally
tiny little V shaped Chevrons..so the term stuck in some branches.

The little stars I have on my service ribbon were originally 2 stars
and an oak cluster. They clashed on the ribbon, so I changed em to all
stars.

Sure you were in the military? Or was that another play for pity?

Several here, have seen the extra zippers and puckers Ive got on my
corpus from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.. Or as I call
it..Getting the Purple ****up.

The last two times I had back surgery..they had to be careful with the
MRI, due to remaining bits of hardware that I still carry around.

Gunner