Leon

Default SawStop files with GPO/CPSC for mandatory use in US

"Tim Douglass"
Some years ago there was an experimental device on some cars to
prevent you from driving while intoxicated. You had to punch in a
series of randomly generated numbers accurately in a certain amount of
time for the car to start. I don't recall the details, but it seems
the company got sued into oblivion when some woman tried to get away
from a rapist and couldn't because she was too scared to punch the
right numbers. I would love for there to be a foolproof way to prevent
people from driving when they have been drinking, but I doubt any such
thing is possible and would probably still hesitate to have it
required.

Tim Douglass

At least a couple of years ago, a similar type was around. My nephew had to
blow in to a tube in order to start his car. The JUDGE require that.