Leon

Default SawStop files with GPO/CPSC for mandatory use in US

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.com...
In article , "Leon"

wrote:
Umm.. the module has already been in use for many years now... Probably

not
as you think of it but it is in deed in use. The perimeters are set

higher
than most speed limits but that could be easily changed by different
programming. GM started using an ECM in the Early 80's... 1980 IIRC.

ECM
was short for Electronic Control Module. Among all the sensors it
monitored, it monitored engine RPM and vehicle speed. There was and

still
is an RPM limiter to prevent owners from going past redline and the speed
monitors helped to determine when the transmissions would shift depending

on
engine RPM.

.

With all respect Doug, You don't know WTF you're talking about. If you
reread what I wrote. I did not say all cars. I invite you to go to a GM
dealership or the store and pick up any automotive magazine that tests the
performance cars, I was addressing the fact that the module does and has
existed for many years already. In particular look for the magazine that
shows top speed. In almost every case some of the cars top speed is
governed and limited. This is done by limiting engine RPMS dependant on
what gear the car or truck is in.