tnfkajs

Default Petition Sawstops Directly

"Kevin P. Fleming" wrote in message
news:l%gPa.565$u51.77@fed1read05...
tnfkajs wrote:

While I tend to agree with you on this - can you help me understand how

this
differs from airbags and seat belts and (in some states) helmets?

How this differs is that those items are (were) not covered by
comprehensive patents keeping anyone else from producing a comparable
product to meet the government's requirements. SawStop is covered by
such a patent.

Ah ha! I knew there was a reason I agreed with all of you!

Seriously - missed that cogent point of the thread.

Ok - so if the Feds mandate SawStop then they should force SS to license the
technology for a pittance.
Then we let competition back into the mix. We should end up with better and
cheaper SawStop clones.