JackD

Default SawStop files with GPO/CPSC for mandatory use in US

Must be more than "a bit past redline" based on my experience. :-) But

Leon
contended that cars have limiters which prevent "going past the redline"

and
that _just_ain't_so_. Not in any car I've ever driven.

--
Regards,

Doug,

Actually most diesels that I am familiar with are equipped with such devices
and have been for decades. Mercedes diesels have had this since before the
invention of the transistor. The rev limiter is meant to protect the engine
rather than to prevent you from going too fast. It is a reliability
mechanism, not a safety device.

-Jack