Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default New Invetion: "Oops Tape"

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:56:24 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ivan
Vegvary" quickly quoth:

Tape that you can wrap around an electrical connection, then heat shrink,
AFTER you soldered the joint.

I don't know what idiot would need this product. I suppose it would be
useful if you forgot to slip on the heat shrink tubing prior to soldering
wires 1 and 3 of a four wire trailer lighting coupler. Again, only an idiot
would need this.

Quoting the great chess master Edward Lasker, "All the mistakes are out
there waiting to be made".

I love the stuff. It's called "insulation", Ivan. g

"Oops!" is when you solder the connection and then find that you
forgot to slide the connector or the shrink sleeve over the wire
beforehand.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on