Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning Stained Concrete Floor

"SteveB" wrote in message
During the process, drywall dust was dropped on the floor. We have
vacuumed with a shopvac, a good vac with a HEPA filter, swept, mopped,
mopped again, swept again and still there is a dull white film where there
should be rust colored concrete.

Help appreciated as always. Will definitely test small out of the way
areas before doing the major part. We're going to put a three foot strip
of carpet around the wall, so there will be plenty of places to test that
will be covered.

Drywall dust is ground gypsum. I don't think chemicals will do much good.
I'd try a wet vac or carpet cleaner of some sort that puts down water and
sucks it up. I've seen commercial scrubbers that do a fantastic job on
concrete floors and it will probably work on yours if you get the right
combo.