Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default QUICK!

Gunner wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:08:01 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

I put an ad for a used welder. An old gentleman just called me with a
Lincoln SA 200 with trailer and a Victor torch setup and he'll take $300 for
it all. He says the carb needs cleaning, and it won't run.

Best case scenario, I clean the carb, throw a tune up on it, and it runs.
Worst case, it doesn't.

In both cases, I think it's a deal. If it runs, it's a home run. If the
engine is toast, the rest of the stuff should be worth that much, and maybe
getting a replacement engine won't be too bad.

He says it has a 4 cyl flathead engine, indicating to me it may be a
Continental engine.

Can anyone give me some quick tips before 10 AM tomorrow about what to look
for, how to tell what engine it is, etc. He says it's on a Miller trailer,
and that should be worth $300. I asked him if it was a red face, but he
didn't know. Sounds like he's had it a long time.

Thanks in advance.

WooHoo

Steve

Buy IT~~~ Worst case..you can part it out for far far more than $300

Agreed. I can't believe you haven't bought it yet.

In the words of an old boss, "You've made the sale,
now shut up and don't talk it away"