Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff B Jeff B is offline

Default Replacing single light fixture with hi-hats

On Mar 12, 6:28*am, Mikepier wrote:
I'm helping my brother in law renovate the kitchen in his condo. He
would like to replace the ugly flourescent light fixture with some hi-
hats. The problem is the junction box where the present light fixture
is connected has some feed through wires which feed other lights and
outlets in the condo. *So if i install Hi-hats, that junction box has
to stay where it is. *I know I can't bury it. *Even if I install a
white cover plate it's going to look ugly. So what are my optons? *The
only other option i can think of is instead of hi-hats, I could
install a nice fan/light combo or track lighting that can still use
the junction box in the center of the kitchen.

??? Why can't you keep the wires and route them thru the box attached
to the recessed light? Too many wires??

--Jeff