Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_5_] SteveB[_5_] is offline

Default It's a good thing murder is against the law ............

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 19:41:04 -0800, "SteveB"
meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/16429461.html

Last week, the Clark County Health Department sent out 40,000 letters to
people who were former patients to come in and be tested for hepatitis and
HIV. I was one of them.

I don't know what they charge for a colonoscopy. But then they cheap out
on
a syringe?

==================
And I was ****ed because Tiger Direct screwed me out of the
promised rebates on some computer stuff.....

The section of the legal code you are looking for appears to be
the section called RICO [racketeering influenced and corrupt
organizations] Act which allows both criminal and civil actions.
As this most likely involved Medicare funds the Feds should have
been on this like a chicken on a june bug.

for some preliminary RICO info see
http://www.ricoact.com/ricoact/nutshell.asp
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia...e9/110mcrm.htm
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18...0_I_20_96.html
§ 1962. Prohibited activities is particularly important in
this context.
http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a-z/conspiracy.html
http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/c...conspiracy.htm

Good luck, and the faster you act, the better the chance that
you paperwork won't be destroyed, or if it is, the judge will
rule contempt because of the destruction of evidence.

Nothing like long prison sentences, big fines and confiscation of
assets derived from RICO prohibited activities to focus ones
attention on medical ethics/responsibilities.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).

Was down in Vegas yesterday. My SIL is a sergeant with Metro. He says
Metro and the FBI are all over this because of the RICO statutes. And it
seems there was a LOT of Medicare fraud amongst the patients. (by the
doctors, of course) We'll see. Now that the air is clearing, it seems that
there were only a few particular days when patients who were contagious had
contact with other patients through shared equipment. One quoter in the
local paper said none of them should be allowed to practice medicine another
day in their lives, nurses included. I agree.

Sheesh, who woulda thought they could **** up just looking up your asshole?

Steve.