Steve

Default Petition Sawstops Directly

"tnfkajs" wrote in message

"David B. Chamberlain" wrote in message
If you go to the SawStop website, there is a contact page. That

gives
you
an email address of

Everyone should send them a polite email telling them that you do

not
appreciate a private company using a government agency to extort

money
from
private citizens. Maybe a few thousand emails will help educate

them.

While I tend to agree with you on this - can you help me understand

how this
differs from airbags and seat belts and (in some states) helmets?

The govt has long played a role in mandated "safety" - are you simply

saying
"Enough is enough?"

Thanks

Airbags and seatbelts protect you from other people's carelessness over
which you have no control. Tablesaw safety is not affected by outside
factors unless you have someone come into your shop and randomly turn
the saw on and off.