Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water seal for door.

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:23:42 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Not even draft excluder for window frames? That squidges down very
thin, 1mm with ease.

I tried that and it didn't work. Being wood and not new I doubt
everything lines up perfectly anymore so a simple foam one may not be
enough.

That I am surprised at, should be enough for gaps 4mm down to almost naff
all. Is this water really coming underneath or in through the jambs and
running down the edge of the door/jamb?

To close the jambs off you can get strips of ali channel with a soft
flexable blade attached. The ali channel nails to the frame and the blade
presses flat against the door. Works up here... Bit of fiddle trimming
correctly for the corners but worth it.

Would the silcone sealant and (greased?) cling film trick work along the
top of the ali threshold strip to from a "custom moulded" soft seal?

--
Cheers
Dave.