Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default OT MS Excel

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:35:06 -0000
"mark" wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
I'm confused! Normally good with Excel, but this has got me puzzled.

Using the formula =(B16*C16)*D16 - where, in this example B16 is 10, C16
is 2.36 * D16 is 1.

So, Excel should first perform the multiplication in brackets, the
multiply the answer by D16. So 10 x 2.36 is 23.6. Multiply that by 1
and it's 23.6.

Excel makes it 24.31?

I get 23.6.

Those cheap chinese import versions of Excel arn't as good as the genuine
pirated Microsoft versions.

mark

Can't honestly see why anyone would bother pirating Microsoft (The
Anti-Competition Company) Corps stuff. OpenOffice is better, and can
do mailmerge without a nervous breakdown.

R.