Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 6 foot Redwood Fence replacement questions

The new rails for sale at HD are treated, but I'm not sure my old ones
were, and I know the pickets weren't. � �So bit about needing
stainless steel nails would it seems to me not be needed at all if the
rails were not treated. � Many of my pickets are 28 years old in
Maryland, and almost good as new, and the nails in them are good as
new.

the cost of stainless hardware, by percentage in the cost of the
entire fence project isnt much........

but cant do any harm. and hardware will last forever.

personally i prefer chainlink....... the open look suits me fine