Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
James James is offline

Default Mounting 2 x 4 to block wall ?

Steve, and others:

It looks like Tapcons are ideal, if I have a solid wall. Yes , it is a
cinder block wall. But, I have looked closely in my basement, and I can see
concrete spillover at the top of the wall. So now, I think it has been
poured solid. This cabin was built over 30 years ago, and I have forgotten
some of the details.

I think that my best bet is to "assume" that this block wall was poured
with concrete for reinforcement, and initially try drilling and using the
Tapcon screws. If I see that it is not solid where I drill, then I could go
with some type of toggle/ molly bolt, or the sleeve anchor, right ?

Thanks to Steve and to all others for the very nice comments and advice !!
I have learned a lot from this group.

James