Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Replacing single light fixture with hi-hats

I'm helping my brother in law renovate the kitchen in his condo. He
would like to replace the ugly flourescent light fixture with some hi-
hats. The problem is the junction box where the present light fixture
is connected has some feed through wires which feed other lights and
outlets in the condo. So if i install Hi-hats, that junction box has
to stay where it is. I know I can't bury it. Even if I install a
white cover plate it's going to look ugly. So what are my optons? The
only other option i can think of is instead of hi-hats, I could
install a nice fan/light combo or track lighting that can still use
the junction box in the center of the kitchen.