Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
SteveB[_5_] SteveB[_5_] is offline

Default Mounting 2 x 4 to block wall ?

"James" no wrote in message
I want to mount a PT 2 x 4 to a cinder block wall in my basement, in
order to build some shelves.

What is the best way to do this ? These shelves may hold a max of 100
lbs.

I have seen those lead "sleeves" which I suppose you screw lag bolts into.
Is that the best method ?

Are there other products which are easier to use ?

I do have some mortor bits, so I am guessing that I can drill into this
wall ok. I don't think it is poured solid at this place in the wall.

Thanks for any tips.

James

Duh, just another aside. If you use TapCons drill in the exact center, or
on the edges where you will be drilling into cinderblock and not grout. If
you have to drill into grout, use sleeve anchors.

Steve