Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default THIS GROUP IS DEAD

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:22:50 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" quickly quoth:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. net...

"SteveB" wrote in message
news snip
rec.guns is the only moderated newsgroup I read. A moderated newsgroup
reminds me too much of Catholic school. You raise your hand. You wait
to be recognized. You are recognized at which point you may stand up.
You wait to be told you can speak. You are told you can speak. You ask
your question, or make your statement.

Steve

It sounds like you used to misbehave on purpose because you LIKED the nuns
to whack your bottom with a yardstick...I know I did!

Do you know how hard it is today to find a good looking blonde who can rent
a nun's outfit?

I hear there are a few out of work in NY today. Speaking of blondes,
I got this from a friend via email yesterday:

--snip--
A blond woman was speeding down the road in her little red
sports car and was pulled over by a woman police officer who
was also a blond.

The blond cop asked to see the blond driver's license. She dug
through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated.
What does it look like?" she finally asked.

The policewoman replied, "It's square and it has your picture on it."

The driver finally found a square mirror in her purse, looked at
it and handed it to the policewoman. "Here it is," she said.

The blond officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back
saying, "Okay, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop."
--snip--

and, while I'm here with the jokes, a biker story: (metal content)

--snip--
A Biker Story
A biker is riding by the zoo, when he sees a little girl leaning into
the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her
jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes
of her screaming parents. The biker jumps off his bike, runs to the
cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl,
and the biker takes her to her terrified parents, who thank him
endlessly.

A reporter has seen the whole scene, and addressing the biker, says,
"Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I saw a man do in my
whole life. "

"Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw
this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right. "

"Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you
know, and tomorrow's papers will have this on the first page. What
motorcycle do you ride?

"A Harley Davidson."

The journalist leaves. The following morning the biker buys the
paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on
first page:

BIKER GANG MEMBER ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH.

--snip--

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor