Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Mounting 2 x 4 to block wall ?

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 01:18:54 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

I would even consider Liquid Nails.........

...unless the wall has been painted.

I've used LN on exterior - painted stucco walls; to adhere faux stone
accents. It's been five years now and it hasn't failed.

The OP could move up a bit and use a butyl caulk/adhesive
(bitch-A-thane). They use it in building rail road cars, buses, and
cars. It might even stick too a ball of lard!!

With a powder charge fastener of the right selection; the studs won't
fail on the block...imo.