Posted to rec.woodworking
Barry Keane Barry Keane is offline

Default Radial arm saw table clamp

That is a great idea. I had the same one
I've already called the number on the website, hoping, like you had posted,
that I could get a whole new setup for nothing. However, when I called,
they said the saw was indeed a part of the recall, but parts were no longer
available. They did offer to give me $100 if I chose to dismantle the saw
and send them the motor (thus no longer posing a safety hazard). But since
the recall is related to making rip cuts, and I plan on only doing cross
cuts, I'll be keeping the saw. Hence my current position of trying to find
some table clamps. Any help you could give is really appreciated.

-Barry

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Barry Keane wrote:
I have recently come into an older Craftsman RAS without a table or
clamps, which I will be using for 90 degree crosscuts only. Since
the table will have to be rebuilt, I will need new table clamps.
Sears does sell them, but for about $15 each! I was wondering if
anyone knows of a more economical solution, or who else may sell
something similar for less?

Before you do anything else, check to see if it is eligible for
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/. If it is then you get a new table
with clamps for free.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate