Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Alternatives to aluminum tube

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:32:16 -0700, pdrahn wrote:

I'd like tubes for the motor wiring
to travel inside of

Just a thought, Tim.

Several years ago we needed some very light, thin and very flexible wire
to connect sensors on the pick-up-head of an old pick-and-place machine.
The wire was subject to a lot of torque as the head rotated to the
correct theta to place the part. Original wire was unobtanium.

I found a source of two conductor litz wire on Ebay. It was from England
and was for hi-fi record pick-up heads. I think I ordered it from them a
couple of times. It had one copper wire and one gold wire. The copper
was insulated and the gold was twisted around the copper. The guy sold
it by the meter and a meter was good for a couple of years for us.
Something like this would power your fan motor and not add much weight
to the arm. I am sure this will be a question in the near future .

Paul

I actually have the circuitry, wiring and software issues well in hand.
I even know where I'll be getting motors and propellers.

Hard to believe, I know, yet it's true.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com