Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default reducing the cost of labor

Millwright Ron wrote:

You really don't get it..

What is so difficult for you to understand..... BUY BUILT IN THE USA
Buy from your local area,buy from your local store, buy from the
local mom and pop business

You really don't get it. American made DOES NOT MEAN UNION MADE.

There are damn few local mom and pop businesses left around here,
unless you count flea markets. Even then, they have no investment in
the community. They show up for a while, then disappear.

I did support local businesses, till they disappeared. Owners
retire, buildings get sold, property taxes go up, and other pressures
build till they can't keep the doors open.

The local hardware stores almost never has what I need, and don't want
to special order it. Local computer stores refuse to sell parts, because
they are afraid of any imagined competition. ai always bought the best
quality I could find, for whatever I needed. Rarely was it union made.
In fact, most of the things I've seen with a union label were of
unacceptable quality, even if they were free. Why do you thing buying
online is so popular? You can drive around town, visit a hundred
stores, while spending a couple hundred dollars on gasoline. You still
don't find what you need, and end up buying from a big box store, or
online. This isn't 1800, when crackers were shipped in barrels, and the
local blacksmith made almost any hardware you needed. It is a new world,
with a global economy. You damn Wal-Mart, but I can't remember the last
thing I bought there that was imported. I look at the label of
everything I buy to see where it was made, but Union made doesn't
impress me, at all.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!