Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Leaking washing machine

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:05:05 UTC, Richard wrote:

Our AEG Favorit washing machine decided to leak last weekend - when I
was away so I have no clues as to whereabouts the water came from.

SWMBO attended to the pool of water and reverted to our spare washing
machine. The only clue may be that it had failed to completely dry a
load of washing.

As it is built in, and no doubt painful to extract from it's housing,
I'm seeking a few tips as to what to look for rather than definitive
diagnosis (at this point).

Apart from inlet and outlet hoses, and the door seal, not much you can
do without getting it out.

Put some newspaper underneath and watch carefully. At least you'll know
where the water exited even if it ran down something.

The other clue is whereabouts in the cycle it occurs. At the start: look
at the inlet hoses and the connection between the soap drawer and the
tub. Does it only happen if (say) intensive rinse is selected? Does it
leak on pump-out?
http://www.diybanter.com