Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Skylight dome repair?

wrote:

if its expensive and result of storm is it covered bby homeowners
insurance/

Right .... I thought the price worth mentioning, as well as the
underlying cause of our
skylight taking flight. It was pretty awesome to watch the thing lift
up and slam down
again in 70mph wind - hubby was chasing a trash container down the
street when the
skylight let go.

There was a duck or similar bird out on our channel at the time - we
could go out into
our atrium and watch him. Whitecaps on our channel, wind strong enough
to move one
of the pilings a boat was moored to, but the silly bird stayed in the
same place for at
least an hour - must have been paddling like heck.