Keith

Default Siccative for linseed oil; toxicity?

Hello, all.

I have a bottle of siccative for adding to linseed oil. This contains:
cobalt carboxylate, calcium carboxylate, and lithium carboxylate.

The bottle is marked (among other warnings) "R65, noxious, can damage the
lungs if ingested".

Am I right in assuming that this siccative is unsuitable for use on
articles likely to come into contact with foodstuffs (chopping boards,
salad bowls); that even when fully dry, some toxicity remains?

What about using it on a knife handle? Would some toxic residue be left on
the hands of someone who uses the knife?

Keith.