Posted to alt.home.repair
gas gas is offline

Default Sauna flooring

Hi all.

I live on a really old farm in Switzerland (The house is over 200 years
old). My girlfriend and I want to build a sauna/banya/sweat lodge type
hting on the land. We thought this looked great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAtqf_VJcHE

- Does anyone have a guess what they used for the exterior of the
structure? It rains a lot in switzerland, so it should really be water
resistant.

- what about the floor? I'm guessing the thing they built has a dirt
floor. I'd kinda like to be able to splash water around without worrying
about mud. I guess wood on the ground would rot...

Do any of you have any links/ebooks/suggestions/ideas regarding building
your own outdoor sauna?