Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default moving 1-ton; first time trying

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:41:32 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor
qualm, Bernard Arnest quickly quoth:

I get the impression that these are right off the road, so we can move
them practically no distance at all, back the trailer right up to the
blocks. It was the lifting bit that was hard; a ramped trailer
promises to solve that.

Look around and see if you can rent a drop-bed trailer. The whole bed
lowers to the ground. I don't recall the actual name of this type of
trailer.

If for any reason they're not right off the road, as in down a slope,
then I have bigger issues anyway!

Build a sled for the slabs and rent a wrecker to fish 'em up!

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor