For Q2 M8

Default Advice on replacing a CH and Hot Water programmer

"Roger Mills" wrote in message ...

Yet more info...
Operation "rip-up-the-floor-boards-n-have-a-butchers" complete

Found a valve under my hall (upstairs) floor boards.

I have a Honeywell V4073A1039
The V4073A is a motorised Mid-Position valve...
is it 3 port ? ie 1 input and 2 outputs ?

pipe goes from boiler to pump to valve (port AB):
port B seems to go to the airing cupboard (HW tank) and then back
(with feed to bathroom & back bedroom radiators ???)
port A seems to go to the other rads.

Anyway, the (5 core) cable from the valve goes into a small junction
box and then down do the main junction box in the kitchen (next to the
controller).

But the cabling and plumbing (radiators connected to the HW return
flow - HW tank to boiler ???) seems very different from the pdf I have
from the Honeywell site, didn't have much time - I'll check it again
tonight.

Can the V4073A give CH without hot water ?

Cheers,
Sam.